About Barakabora Consulting Kenya Limited
In 2012 the directors of Barakabora Kenya came together and formed the company. They were driven by the potential within small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the limited support available to such entities in the Kenyan market. In response to this need, Barakabora Kenya aims to add value to SMEs by utilising their core competencies to provide customised financial and business solutions, thereby assisting clients to achieve their potential.
Barakabora Kenya is headquartered in Nairobi, where the main operations are currently. The directors of the company have ambitious plans of growing and working with SMEs internationally; we have begun looking for partners to support us in our expansion plan. As we grow and expand, SMEs that demonstrate potential will continue to remain the focus for Barakabora Kenya.
The vision of Barakabora is to:
• Be an internationally preferred financial and business solutions provider for SMEs by offering customised services and building key relationships with clients; and
• Be an employer of choice that provides employees the opportunity to unlock their potential through fulfilling career opportunities.
We believe people are the reason behind successful businesses and therefore we intend to invest in both our clients and employees, in a sustainable manner.
Our mission is to meet the needs of SMEs that require customised financial and business solutions and help them achieve their potential through providing value added services.
At Barakabora, we uphold the following values:
• Value; and
• We endeavour to engage with clients who have similar values.
There are two Members in the company, who bring diverse skills and experience to the business. In addition, there is a pool of consultants that can be drawn from depending on the solution required by the client.
Barakabora Consulting offers services which include but are not limited to accounting, financial management, asset and liability management, taxation, project management services, administration, bookkeeping and internal audit services. We have assisted our clients in:
• Investment group consulting plus asset and liability valuations
• Customised market research and statistical analysis
• Pension and provident fund administration and consulting services
• Project management services
• Preparation of financial statements in terms of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• Review of complex journal entries and accounting problems;
• Accounting from systems like PASTEL through general ledger and financial statements preparation;
• Bookkeeping that involves dealing with creditors, debtors, KRA, revenue and expense accounts;
• Inputs of invoices and other data into software for general ledger and trial balance computation;
• Budget versus variance analysis on revenue and expense items;
• Cash flow management on working capital involving debtors, creditors, revenue and expense items;
• Performance of due diligences;
• Internal auditing of client controls and systems;
• Sitting on executive committee meetings and assisting clientele with strategy on the financial support side;
• Overseeing and facilitating an audit process for clients;
• Strategy formulation and implementation – specific focus on financial strategy;
• Preparation of management accounts as required by the client and depending on the client needs; and
• Internal systems and process analysis
We have also co-developed business plans with our clients and can assist with sourcing financing for startups and general management consulting services.
Barakabora has clients in various industries including financial services, construction, human resource, IT and events just to mention a few. We have the required skills and expertise to service clients from a wide range of industries.